Device Identification, Registration and Blocking System’s (DIRBS) objective is to ensure a healthy growth of mobile device ecosystem in Pakistan. DIRBS will ensure use of legal devices on the mobile networks. The import, use, and growth of legal devices will enhance government revenues, improve the quality of mobile service to consumers, preserve network resources of the mobile operators, provide better security and ensure the protection of intellectual property rights. PTA will make sure that only type approved and legal devices are operational over mobile networks in the country.
To Check your mobile device Click here
To find mobile phone IMEI, dial *#06# on mobile dialer
SMS Based Verification
- Go to messages
- Create a new message
- Type IMEI
- Send to 8484
Download DIRBS DVS Android App
Scan QR Code
source: Pakistan Telecommunication Authority
صرف پی ٹی اے کی تصدیق شدہ موبائل ڈیوائسز خرییدیں / استعمال کریں
پی ٹی اے نے صارفین کی سہولت کے لیے ڈیوائس آئی ڈینٹی فیکیشن رجسٹریشن اور بلاکنگ سسٹم تیار کیا ہے ۔ اس نطام سے صارفین موبائل ڈیوائسز کی آئی ای ایم آئی سے اس بات کی تصدیق کر سکتے ہیں کہ ڈیوائس اصلی ہے اس کی درآمد قانونی ہے اور اس پر اطلاق شدہ تمام ڈیوٹیز اور ٹیکسز ادا کیے جا چکے ہیں اور یہ ڈی آر بی ایس ریگولیشنز / قواعد کے مطابق ہے ۔
پاکستان میں موبائل نیٹ ورکس کے لیے موجودہ زیر استعمال موبائل ڈیوائسز اس نظام سے متاثر نہیں ہوں گے اور نہ ہی ان کی تصدیق کی ضرورت ہے ۔
موبائل ڈیوائسز جو جو استعمال میں نہیں / غیر فعال ہیں ان کو ۲۹ جوان ۲۰۱۸ تک ڈی آئی آر بی ایس کے ذریعے پی ٹی اے کے ریگولیشنز کے مطابق کروالیا جائے تاکہ آئی ایم ای آئی کی بلاکنگ سے بچا جاسکے ۔
Importan FAQs on PTA website.
Q. What is an IMEI?
A. IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity; a unique number per mobile device (phone, tablet, dongle, router, etc.) that uses a SIM card.
Q. How may I know the IMEI code?
A. IMEI can be found by various method.
- By dialing *#06# on your mobile dial pad.
- It is printed on box and device
- Go to settings > About phone > Status > IMEI Information.
- Remove back cover and battery of your mobile phone. You will find IMEI inside the Battery compartment (Only applicable for mobile devices with removable battery option).
- Go to Settings > General > About (Only applicable for IOS devices)
Q. What is a Compliant Device?
A. A compliant device means a device that fulfils the following requirements:
- Devices with valid IMEIs assigned by Global System Mobile Association (GSMA).
- Devices with unique IMEIs.
- Devices not in the stolen/lost lists (reported locally to the Authority and globally to GSMA).
- Devices type approved/having Certification of Compliance to Technical Standards for IMEI devices issued by the Authority.
Q. What is a DIRBS?
A. DIRBS (Device Identification Registration and Blocking System) is a system to cater counterfeit and illegal devices.
Q. What is a Device Verification System?
A. It is a module of DIRBS used to check/verify device compliance status. It has three modes:
Q. How may I know that a mobile phone is compliant before buying it?
A. Through Device Verification System. If IMEI status is compliant, it means that the device has a valid IMEI.
Q. How may I know that a tablet using a SIM Card has compliant IMEI before buying it?
A: The same procedure applies for all the SIM based devices including tablets.
Q. What happens to an existing phone that I am using today? Do I need to do anything to pair/register it?
A: If you haven’t received any SMS from your relevant operator, it means that your device is compliant and you don’t need to do anything.
- If you do receive notification from your operator regarding you device, then follow the instructions mentioned in that SMS.
Q. I have a mobile device which I have not used in a long time. Would it still be operational on the network?
A: You need to check its status through Device Verification System. If your device has a compliant IMEI, you do not need to do anything otherwise insert a SIM in your device and do some chargeable activity for example sent an SMS or make a phone call. This activity will help us auto-pair your device with your phone number.
- If you receive a notification message from you operator, then follow the instructions received in that SMS or contact your operator for further assistance.
Q. What if I buy a new device in Pakistan and it is not functioning on the network, what can I do to solve the problem?
A. You need to contact the seller to resolve this issue. It is recommended to buy only PTA approved device and verify you device IMEI status through DVS.
Q. What if I have an original device and I still receive notification message from my operator?
A: This could mean either of the following:
- Your device is being illegally imported.
- Your device’s IMEI has been detected as duplicate
Q. Can a phone have more than one IMEI number?
A: Yes, it can have more than one IMEI. It is recommended to verify all IMEIs of your device.
Q. Why is an IMEI blocked?
A. Because IMEI has been reported as stolen/lost and all such IMEIs are blocked as per PTA policy. IMEI (non-compliant) can also be blocked if the subscribers/users fail to pair their device’s IMEI before 29th June 2018.
IMEI can be blocked due to different reasons including but not limited to:
- If an IMEI is reported stolen locally or globally
- If an IMEI is found non-compliant and not paired before 29th June 2018.
- After 30th June 2018, if an IMEI is found non-compliant, it will be blocked within 15 days from the day it was first seen on network
Q. May I change my IMEI number?
A: Changing or modifying the IMEI is considered a fraudulent act with legal consequences. All such IMEIs will be blocked.
Q. Can an original phone have no IMEI?
A: No. All original/authentic devices have GSMA approved IMEIs.
Q. I am roaming in Pakistan; will I be able to use my mobile in Pakistan?
A: Yes. Roamers will be able to use their devices as per DIRBS SOP.
Q. I lost my phone (or it was stolen); may I call someone to request the IMEI block?
A: This remains a security issue that must follow the existing security procedures.
- Contact CPLC 24/7 Call Centre helplines 1102 021-35662222 & 021-35682222 for lodging complaint of snatched / stolen / Lost Mobile Phone.
- Provide IMEI No of snatched / stolen / Lost Mobile Phone along with other relevant information.
- Information of snatched / stolen / Lost Mobile Phone is sent to PTA for issuing blocking instructions to all mobile network operators.
- Mobile network operators block snatched / stolen / Lost Mobile Phone within 24 hours
70total visits,2visits today